- Finance & Business
Visit our country sites
- Opening a Dutch bank account
- Tax and insurance in the Netherlands
- Euro is now part of Dutch life
- Understanding the balance sheet basics
- Taxation in Belgium
- The three Rs of running a gite in France
- A guide to taxation in France
- QROPS – Is it an option for expats living in France?
- Tax and freelancers in Germany
- Setting up your own business in Germany
- How to open a Swiss bank account
- Insurance in Switzerland
- Business climate in Spain
- Self–employment in Spain
- Tax in Spain
- Paying national insurance contributions
- Depositors, beware!
- Moving money to the UK
- How to Start a Business in Luxembourg
- The Luxembourg income tax system
- Starting a business in Portugal
Expat banking in Europe
Why expat banking?If you're an expat, you'll need to open a bank account abroad. The paperwork associated with expat banking can be a hassle at first, but it often eliminates the fees associated with withdrawing cash from back home. Overseas savings accounts also give you quick access to cash and a face-to-face relationship with local financial advisers who can help you with international mortgages and other loans. Different countries have different...
Banking - Essential Articles
13/10/2014 Things to consider when you repatriate
Thinking about going home? TorFX have put together a handy list of things to consider before you repatriate. [Contributed by TorFX]
26/09/2014 BNP Paribas Fortis: The expat’s partner
Salvatore Orlando explains how BNP Paribas Fortis works to make the transition abroad as easy as possible for expats. [Contributed by BNPPF]
18/03/2013 Offshore companies in France
Offshore companies are businesses that have been registered, established or incorporated outside of the country of residence. Here we focus on France.